First day of spring has already passed. But spring, FOR REAL, is coming! What I am referring to is the warm weather and the possibility and hope that late spring or early summer brings.
A common focus at this time for many of us is to get “beach body” ready, for outdoor activities and swim gear. If this is not a goal that interests you, what might be of interested to keep your focus over the course of the next 8-12 weeks? What would make the next 2-3 months a huge success?
A VERY COMMON theme of this time of year is RENEWAL. As our external world thaws and cleanses from the winter months, we often feel the need to refresh and renew our focus and get creative and productive again.
So, IF IT ALL WENT YOUR WAY IN THE NEXT 90 DAYS, WHAT WOULD IT LOOK LIKE? How would it feel? How would it impact your summer? What are the steps?
Regarding FITNESS and LIFESTYLE changes, here are 3 SIMPLE TASKS we can do:
- GET MOVING. The first thing we can do RIGHT NOW, is literally get up and get moving? Just show up, and go, and figure out the rest from there. When I start with new clients, there is no specific program to follow. I know the goals, I have gathered the information, but the next step is just to start and EXPLORE what the path of least resistance looks like. We want to gain confidence and momentum when we start, and not create more barriers.
TIP: Start taking walks if you aren’t currently active. If you are hitting the gym or working out already, keep going, but pay closer attention to what you can do to freshen things up. Then make the needed changes.
- CLEAN THINGS UP. Dietary habits are key in seeing results happen. After paying close attention for a few days, what might we notice? What is that ONE thing that sticks out in our daily habits, that can be changed that may guide things in the right direction? Are we over or under eating? Are we making ideal choices? Is there a plan in place around meal times. See below for three small moves.
TIP: Pick ONE of these three tasks and try it for a week:
- Adjust meal portions.
- Make the better choice in any given situation.
- Plan ahead before starting the day.
Pick one then go for it!
- FOCUS IN. What is the goal? What is the impact of achieving the goal? What does it feel like? Can you narrow it down to just a few words? Create and mantra or phrase to keep focused on the prize.
Example: If your goal is to lose 15 pounds, what will those 15 pounds mean to you? The words could be, “Lean in 15!”, or “Freedom 15”, or anything that resonates that you can hold in your heart everyday surrendering to the commitment and process.
TIP: Find your words, write them down, say them, share them, embody the outcome!
So, that’s a start!
But what will all of this REALLY move us into action? This is all find and good but what if we are just bullshitting ourselves? What if this blog gets us excited but tomorrow we still do nothing about it? One day, becomes two, which becomes a week and so on. Then before we know it we are not any further ahead…
This is what we often are faced with, when we have a desire for something to change while at the same time “get in our own way”. But what are the barriers? What stops us from doing what will work? What keeps us from stepping into action?
This is where gaining some help plays a role in our success! This is how we work together to bring light to what will INSPIRE the needed actions, changes and follow through. With any meaningful goal, there usually is a block associated with achieving it. What are our blocks? What are YOUR blocks? What do you need help with?
This is what I do! I help others reveal those blocks and once again find PURPOSE in their actions. With purpose, the above objectives start to become extremely necessary for BIG PICTURE SUCCESS.
I too have coaches, experts and mentors around me to help me push through my boundaries. Together, we can move through this more powerfully!
Would you be curious enough to take one first step forward?
How may I be of service? Let’s explore what is possible!
Restore Power. Persevere. Live the Passion!
For a FREE phone consult, just click below!